Abertax Technologies, in collaboration with Inbatec, will be showcasing its innovative gel filling process, gas release valves, level sensors and battery management systems at 18ABC this week.
The gel filling process eliminates the traditional method of emptying the acid from the cells after cell formation and refilling them with gel.
The alternative offers a solution to the oxidation, surface drying and rapid ‘gelification’ of some areas, which depending on the time from acid drainage to gel filling, can occur during conventional processes.
The company’s new gel-circulation technology allows the gel filling to be absolutely uniform throughout, with the plates continuously covered with liquids and never exposed to air.
This new process guarantees a homogenous and consistent filling of the gel while also minimising any environmental concerns.
The proven gel-circulation and filling process is now in use at battery manufacturing plants around the world.
Further advantages of this process include:
· Less Investment, no acid drainage, no vacuum filling.
· One filling unit for all types of products (cells/blocks)
· Faster process in production (time saving)
· No waste material (drained acid)
· Almost no risk of filling problems
· Good product quality:
– negative plates not exposed to air
– perfect distribution of GEL
– high consistency of cell performance
Battery management system
Another new product that Abertax Technologies has developed is a specially designed battery management system (BMS) for battery-driven rickshaws (e-Rickshaw).
This BMS is equipped with dual-temperature sensors, voltage sensor for full battery and for half-battery packs, plus optional level sensor (for flooded batteries).
Among its advantages, the Abertax e-Rickshaw BMS offers:
· Logging of major events and alerts,
· USB communication,
· Quick & easy installation by qualified service personnel,
· Rugged and fully encapsulated enclosure,
· Robust protection against voltage & current transients and reverse polarity connection,
· Protected against electromagnetic interference,
· Clear battery failure identification,
· Re-usable for future battery operations.
The main advantage with the above product, together with all other Abertax products, is they are designed, built and programmed in-house, including the assembly of all electronic components.
The housing of the products are also designed in-house and all steel moulds for injection moulding of all plastic parts are manufactured in the company’s state-of-the-art toolshop. Injection moulding, including prototyping, is all carried out in its injection-moulding department.
This gives Abertax the flexibility to produce any parts or any modification required at very short notice, to the particular needs of its clients.
Abertax’s full range of products, such as the full range of gas release valves together with its level sensors and BMSs, are on display at their booth attended by K.D. Merz and George Schembri.
You can visit Abertax Technologies at booth: H37