The key themes of Giga Europe
- Developing Speciality Commodities: What does this mean for the critical minerals of lithium, graphite, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and silicon?
- How will recycling and new elements interplay with today’s battery chemistry pathway?
- Building sustainable battery supply chains from the mine site onwards: decarbonised operations, managing environmental & social impacts, and good corporate governance
- Innovation in the chemistry and design from the cell pack to the anodes, cathodes, and how this will impact the critical materials required
- Targeting Tonnage: The role of Europe in the global battery arms race to 300TWh deployed capacity
- Shifting thinking from GWh to TWh for true Net Zero by 2050: Charting the rise of battery gigafactories and their importance to global geopolitics
- Understanding the lithium ion battery ecosystem: What is the role of OEMs and Tier One suppliers, in the race to build secure and sustainable supply chains?
- Aligning policy, finance and global partnerships to strengthen Europe’s energy and green mobility future
- European Gigafactory expansion considerations: site location, size, technology, ESG, circularity and partnerships required