This year Maschinenfabrik Gustav Eirich GmbH & Co KG is celebrating the 150th anniversary of its founding in 1863. Family-run EIRICH has, in the words of the managing directors, remained young at heart for 150 years. This, along with supportive employees, has been highly instrumental in the success and the long tradition of this company.
The anniversary celebrations included the opening of a company museum at EIRICH’s headquarters in Hardheim that traces its history from small workshop to global engineering enterprise.
EIRICH mixers have been used to mix battery compounds for over 80 years. EIRICH set the pace in the development of both lead paste mixes for lead-acid batteries and depolarisers for dry cells. The machines with heavy kneaders were replaced in the 1960s by intensive mixers with high-speed mixing tools. Today lead paste compounds are made all over the world in EIRICH vacuum mixers to pre-selectable specifications and to reproducible standards of the highest quality. EIRICH has developed innovative processes for the relatively new market in lithium-ion batteries, which need a fraction of the previous preparation times and bring a major increase in capacitance.
EIRICH has built up a global network of manufacturing, distribution and service companies to ensure a local presence. EIRICH has sites in France, Russia, Ukraine, USA, Brazil, South Africa, India, China and Japan.
The EIRICH Group is a wholly family-owned enterprise. With approximately 1,500 employees and sales revenues of approximately €200 million, it is one of the largest suppliers in the world in this sector. Substantial domestic and foreign investment underlines the dynamic growth of the enterprise.