The lead-acid battery market is expected to continue growing in India over the next five years, according to a report by market consultants Netscribes.
The report titled ‘Lead-acid Battery Market in India’ states there is rising demand for lead-acid batteries across the subcontinent from all sectors, with strongest growth in the automobile and back-up power sectors.
A increasing demand for industrial batteries has come from the telecom, banking and hospitality industries that need uninterrupted power, this is expected to continue in the coming years.
Two manufacturers dominate, Exide Industries and Amara Raja Batteries have 90% market share. The majority of the remaining 10% is made up of small companies producing batteries form recycling plants.